For those of you that may not know this, Team Schope Community Works is the fundraising and gift giving aspect of our practice, Schope Dental. Every year, Betty Jo Schope, DDS, and her staff are active in our community with several non-profit programs. Besides COMOM (Colorado Mission of Mercy) where we donate our services and supplies to provide those in desperate need of dental care, we also have been major fund raisers to help fight the battle of breast cancer.
It’s now that time of year….
Susan G. Komen Walk for the Cure
Team Schope partners with Susan G. Komen Walk for the Cure in our yearly tradition to help fight breast cancer. This is truly an event that close and dear to our heart. It’s a wonderful cause to help fight a medical condition that affects countless number of women.
Every year, we like to put together our own Team Schope campaign to help raise money for the local Susan G. Komen organization. As it turns out, it’s a great time and a chance for our friends and families to come together for a common goal.
Susan G. Komen for the Cure® is an organization dedicated to saving lives and ending breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures. The Southeastern Colorado Affiliate is one of a network of 125 Affiliates globally that support this vision
The Southeastern Colorado Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure is proud to distribute 75% of the net proceeds from fundraising to this 3-county service area with the remaining 25% of funds raised going to support breast cancer research through the national Susan G. Komen for the Cure organization.
Colorado Mission of Mercy
Team Schope has been providing dental care for Colorado Mission of Mercy (COMOM) for the past several years and plans to make it a yearly involvement.
COMOM is a large-scale dental clinic where more than 100 portable dental stations are set up in a public arena, and dental screenings and services are provided at no charge to those who attend
There is a severe access-to-care issue in Colorado affecting people of all ages. Oral healthcare is often neglected and at times unavailable for thousands individuals who need it most. Neglecting oral health can lead to greater whole body health concerns and infections.
Thanks for Your Support
If you’ve contributed to Team Schope or any of these causes over the past several years, we thank you for your support. It really can’t be done without you. Likewise, contact us if you ever want to get involved and learn how to contribute to these very important and beneficial causes. The more people involved, the better.
Best of all, you can feel good about your contributions. At Schope Dental, we don’t take any of our fortunes or health fro granted. These causes not only help us feel good about contributing, but it’s also a great team-building activity.
Click here for more information about Colorado Springs general and cosmetic dentist, Betty Jo Schope, DDS, and how to participate.